ICPA Australia is seeking expressions of interest (EOI) for an administrator to deal with the administration processes associated with the annual Federal Conference. Preference will be given to an ICPA member or a rurally focused group familiar with the workings of ICPA. The contract will be on an annual basis. However, priority will be given to a business/person who is able to commit to a three to four year term. Applicants will be required to submit a letter, detailing their skills, past experience, and any information they feel relevant to the position.
Federal Conference is run over two days, either a Wednesday/Thursday or Thursday/Friday combination, between the last weeks of July or the first two weeks of August. On a rotational basis, each State Council hosts Federal Conference. The rotation is WA, NT, NSW, SA, TAS and QLD. The hosting Council will appoint a committee to assist with business relating (outlined in the convening manual) to the organising of the conference.
The main responsibilities for the conference administrator is to assist with administrative support for the annual ICPA Federal Conference.
The Conference will be hosted and managed by ICPA Federal Council and the Hosting State. The responsibility for all key decisions about the program, speakers, associated events and outcomes will lie with Federal Council and the Hosting State. This will include decisions relating to budgeting and financial management, sponsorship, media and marketing.
The Conference Administrator will provide administrative assistance. The main services required will be: financial reporting, conference registrations, including paper based and online, paper management processes, including updating printed material required during conference and liaising with the Host State and the Federal Council as per the convening manual.
The Conference Administrator may also be required to provide additional services above what has been outlined as mutually agreed upon by the two organisations.
Onsite attendance during Conference
The Administrator must be available to attend the conference to assist the convening committee manage the registration desk and act as speaker liaison between speakers and the audio visual team. This cost will be borne by the Administrator and should form part of the application.
Federal Council together with the Hosting State will assist with the running of conference. The Administrator’s role is administrative and predominantly focused around the data entry and reporting from the database.
The Administrator will be responsible for the following tasks:
- In consultation with the Host State: book venues, manage contracts, deposits and catering.
- In consultation with the Host State, select and order merchandise (eg satchels, program and nametags), obtain quotes.
- Work to print deadlines, and organise ordering and delivery of same.
- Arrange for AV equipment required during conference and Federal Council meetings.
- Exhibition bookings.
- Document management (updating documentation, invitations, registration forms etc)
• Budgeting and financial reporting.
The Administrator will undertake the following tasks in relation to conference financials:
- Tax Invoices (must be registered for GST) will be from the Administrator with funds payable directly into a nominated bank account;
- The Administrator will process and record all income from registration, sponsorship and donations.
- Monthly financial reports including details of all income received, including details of registration breakdown and GST collected, will be provided to ICPA Federal Council on a monthly basis
- Additional reports to be provided if agreed by the Administrator and ICPA Federal Council
- Follow up all outstanding money from registrations.
- Prepare article for Pedals magazine (May, February, November)
The Administrator will establish and regularly maintain a database for the management of all conference registrations and sponsorship. In addition to a paper registration the administrator will be required to create an online portal for delegate registration and processing of credit card payments. Information fields in the database are outlined in the Conference Convening manual.
From time to time the Administrator may be required to undertake additional tasks. Tasks may include developing a conference application (App) to provide access to the program, speaker’s biographies, abstracts and sponsor information. The Administrator would be responsible for the development of the App and the uploading of information. Such requirements would be done in consultation with Federal Council and priced separately to admin requirements already outlined.